Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Task List 2/19/2013

Unfortunately, this has been a much slower and less productive week than I would have preferred.  I have sent some follow-up emails to those I haven't heard from and Joey Powell and I have made some phone calls to a variety of different companies that have been particularly difficult to reach.  These efforts have been met with little to no progress.

I have had some contact with Redrock about a follow focus and they are reviewing an order inquiry I sent them.  I am still waiting to hear back from Sara Barney of SXSW about tickets as an award.

I sent an email to Jaclyn Vigeant regarding the Super 8mm One Reel Festival and I told her that we would not be able to host One Reel this year but that I would be in touch with her after the Visions Fest about maybe a partnership with them for next year's festival.  I will organize a presentation for the class for after the festival to try to sell the idea and the various possibilities that accompany such a relationship.

I only did roughly five hours of work for Awards this week, not including the considerable amount of time it took me to watch this past week's batch of films for programming.  Momentum is drawing down a bit because a lot of the initial legwork has been done and the list of cooperative sponsors is dwindling, but this week I will be more proactive and try to come up with a few fresh ideas and more actively pursue some that I have been waiting on.  I also need to draft up a letterhead receipt for Adobe about a Creative Cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment