Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Task List 2/12/2013

This past week has been a lot more of the same but a little more in depth since it has been less about establishing new contacts as much as reconnecting or following up with specific contacts.  Audio-Technica has confirmed that they will send us a Pro 24CM stereo condenser microphone with a windscreen, battery, and video camera shoe mount.  Pro8mm's 1 hour HD scanning for Super 8, Regular 8, or 16mm film has come in.  Jaclyn Vigeant, our Pro8mm contact, has also discussed with me the potential for Visions to host the Super 8mm One Reel Festival.  After this year's festival, I will present the opportunities a more involved relationship with Pro8mm and the One Reel Fest could be.  Adobe has offered a one-year subscription for the Adobe Creative Cloud.  I have also been in contact with Rosie Wong about a possible contribution of a festival pass to next year's Sundance.  I have just gotten in touch with Sara Barney from SXSW about a festival pass as well.

Joey Powell and I are starting to call businesses who have not responded to multiple email attempts.  In addition to following up and intensifying our pursuit of certain companies, I have sent out about a slew of emails to new places, such as Barnes & Noble, Criterion, B & H Photo, SMCS, Jungle Software, AZ Grip and others.  Many of the companies do not offer specific contact information, so I have filled out their inquiry forms and I am awaiting responses.

All in all, receiving and sending out emails, research, finding contacts, looking up award information, and tailoring responses to specific contacts is difficult to accurately measure.  Last Thursday, I spent a solid six or seven hours plowing through a list of tasks.  Another three hours can be added to that from other times where I work in a more sporadic manner as I am receiving information from people I have contacted.  I would estimate I spent another two to three hours reading through the papers for this week's programming, although I might have spent more because I did not do all of the reading in one block of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment