Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Task List 1/29/2013

In the realm of catering for the After Party, I have cross-checked some prices I had obtained last semester and adjusted those prices to a smaller number of people (roughly around 100).  The two primary businesses I have contacted that have given me the most realistic prices are Jimmy John's and Chik-fil-A.

Jimmy John's most feasible option is a party platter of sandwiches for $179.80 for a total of 120 sandwiches or $134.85 for a total of 90 sandwiches.  These prices are also based upon pickup of the platters; delivery incurs a much greater total fee.

Chik-fil-A offers a number of different options, including 150 chicken strips or 400 chicken nuggets for $145.00 or 160 mini sandwiches for $114.00.  Occasionally, Chik-fil-A also runs special offers for school functions, so there is a potential there for even better deals.

As for Awards, I have begun emailing a number of different companies, including Camera Motion Research, Lensbaby, Corel, Tube Tape, last year's contact Brandon Smith for Digieffects, Lightfoot Ltd. Animation, CSC Studio owner Carlos Boiles for a Creeper Butt Dolly, and a few others.  Finding specific contacts has been a bit of a challenge and I have been redirected several times.  I have also contacted some of last year's award sponsor contacts, such as Tanya Lux at Corel.  I have had particular difficulty in ascertaining information for Manfrotto, Rode Mics, and GoPro. 

I have contacted at least one potential award sponsor for each category of awards we have offered.  Most of the companies I have contacted have not yet gotten back in touch with me.  I will be sending a second batch of emails to those companies this week.  Tube Tape has declined because they do not yet have a sponsorship program.  However, I have heard back from Keith Novosell, a marketing analyst for Lensbaby with an offer for Composer Pro with a request for more sponsorship information, to which I have responded.  I am awaiting further confirmation.

This week, I will be sending out second emails to those who have not responded, first emails to a few I was not able to find contact information on initially, and begin searching for alternatives should they not respond this time either.  I will also be touching base with sponsors confirmed from last semester, giving them all the latest information about our sponsorships proposals and mailing addresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment