Monday, March 25, 2013

Task List 3/26

There has been some good news relative to last week.  Bill Chandler replied that Cinelab is still donating and has given me the information I needed for their donation.  Austin has pledged a Weekend Badge and given me the paperwork for their contribution.  Oliver Mellan has replied and is donating an incredible 8 packaged of Delirium and Damage for a total of $2792.  I have also heard a confirmation from Karen of Audio-Technica that the mic has finally shipped and we should expect it very soon.

I had a brief correspondence with Film Tools, but it does not seem as though they are inclined to offer anything. I will keep trying.  I would love to get at least one more award donated and I am working to make that happen.

I have received logos now from all those confirmed and uploaded them to Dropbox.  I have also compiled a list of all awards and am updating the spreadsheet.  We have an amazing total of $9,418 worth of awards, which is a complete surprise to me but is mostly due to Toon Boom's and Digieffects' amazing contributions.

I seem to have established a very friendly rapport with many of my contacts and I feel confident that many of them will be more than willing to work with us in the future.  As I have said before, there are others who also have expressed interest in working with us in the future although they declined this year.  I am making a list of those possible contacts. 

I am beginning to panic a bit because Adobe's contact Wendy Grim has still not responded and I have tried numerous times to reach her.  I need her donation of the Creative Cloud.  I am desperately trying to lock this award down and have a conversation with her.  I am still looking at alternatives.

In other news, I visited an Into to Spanish Cinema and gave a quick presentation of Visions.  I was very warmly received both by Dr. Camivella and by her class, which surprisingly mostly consisted of Spanish students.  This was a welcome new demographic.  I presented this year's trailer and showed them the website and how to register.  I was asked a few questions and the general attitude was of interest.  I got the feeling that many of them did not know too much about Visions beforehand, so I definitely feel like my presence there was necessary.  It went very well.

This past week I have been extremely sick, so I feel like I have not been as productive as I hoped to be; sitll, I probably put in close to 11-12 hours of work overall, at least an hour or two every day.  I need Adobe and I want someone else.  I'm working hard to get both.

No comments:

Post a Comment